If you have recently been diagnosed with mesothelioma you are likely overwhelmed with the news of the diagnosis and all of the decisions you must make about your upcoming treatment. Getting the best care means choosing the right mesothelioma treatment team for your needs. Mesothelioma requires complex treatment from several specialists, including surgeons, oncologists, and radiologists.
Finding the Right Mesothelioma Treatment Team
Below are some issues to consider when selecting the right treatment team for your care:
- What is the doctor’s experience in treating mesothelioma?
- Does the doctor participate in clinical trials of new treatments?
- Does the doctor practice at a hospital with comprehensive mesothelioma services?
- Does the doctor teach at any medical schools?
- What type of insurance coverage do you have and is the doctor in-network for your plan?
There are many issues to consider when choosing the right doctor, including if the doctor makes you feel comfortable and if you can trust him or her. It is important that you feel the doctor is listening to your concerns. Many mesothelioma patients require long-term treatment, so it is essential for patients to have a strong relationship with their doctors.
You can find a list below of some of the top doctors and institutions across the nation who treat asbestos diseases, including mesothelioma.