Anderson v. Combustion Engineering, Inc., 647 N.W.2d 460 (Wis. Ct. App. 2002)
Our client, a machinist, was exposed to asbestos over a period of decades while working in a machine shop located next to a Combustion Engineering boiler at the Oak Creek Power Plant in Wisconsin. He developed malignant mesothelioma, which caused his death in 1998. His widow sued Combustion Engineering and other defendants for wrongful death. Represented by Baron & Budd, the client’s widow went to trial against Combustion Engineering. The jury awarded a significant monetary recovery. The Wisconsin Court of Appeals affirmed the judgment, finding that the factual and medical testimony supported the jury’s decision.
Results depend on the facts of each case.